Real Estate Investments
The property market in South East Asia is growing by leaps and bounds, fueled by an increase in domestic tourism and by local investors dynamism. Due to the rarity of the available financing, especially in Indonesia, most buyers pay cash. Consequently, it is highly important for foreign buyers to secure the transaction and to be cautious while negotiating.
Genesis Avocats Singapore is securing and negotiating long and short term rentals, sub-rentals of properties in South East Asia.
Singapore assists its clients in the following matters :
- and procurement issues
- environmental impact assessment and permitting requirements
- development agreements
- title investigations
- building and engineering contracts
- negotiating consultancy agreements
Incorporation of companies
A critical part to Genesis Avocats Singapore’s assistance is working with clients in establishing the right investment vehicle from both an operational and tax perspective. Erka Consulting’s assistance to foreign investors covers all aspects of doing business in ASEAN, in particular in Singapore and Indonesia, together with local business partners (lawyers and CPA).
Advising its clients in their strategic projects (divestitures, mergers, joint ventures, …) is also one of Genesis Avocats Singapore’s specialties. It allows Genesis Avocats Singapore in the often delicate reconciliation of its clients’ objectives with the particular consideration for each individual case.
Genesis Avocats Singapore’s practice includes all the skills required to manage deals, which mark the development of a corporation (contributions, mergers, divestitures, restructurings), the establishment of organizational rules for companies, whether between shareholders (shareholders’ agreements) or internally (good governance charters).
At the end of the spectrum from these matters is of course the area of venture capital where, as part of transactions carried out for funds (or other shareholders) or for managers, Genesis Avocats Singapore structures management packages.
In particular, in cooperation with local law firms, Genesis Avocats Singapore assists its clients in :
- the negotiation of terms of investment : letter of intent, term sheet, investment protocol, shareholders’ agreement and implementation of the agreements ;
- the negotiation of joint venture agreements : letter of intent, term sheet, joint venture agreement and implementation of the agreements.
Commercial and employment agreements
In coopération with local lawyers, Genesis Avocats Singapore assists its clients in the negotiation of commercial agreements taking into consideration any evolution that may occur.
In particular, in coopération with with local lawyers, Genesis Avocats Singapore assists its clients in :
- the negotiation of all types of commercial agreements such as distribution agreements, agency agreements, services agreements, consultancy agreements
- the negotiation of agreements with financial partners: leasing and loan agreements, including related securities
- the negotiation of all agreements and issues relating to intellectual property and in particular copyright, trademark and design, including licenses or transfer
- the negotiation of employment agreements
Genesis Avocats Singapore also assists French individuals residing permanently or temporarily in ASEAN, in particular in Singapore or Indonesia, and whose business is located in France in connection with :
- their divestments in France (winding up of companies, asset and share deals)
- the negotiation of their distribution agreements and their commercial agreements
- the negotiation of their financial agreements such as loan agreements and related securities
- any issue relating to companies such as setting up a company in France, corporate secretarial, negotiation of joint ventures agreements, negotiation of the term of investments of investors and related shareholders’ agreements
- their tax situation